It's so easy for us to get lost in the routines of our daily lives. Sleep, Eat, Work, Repeat. So it's unfortunate but not surprising that when Thanksgiving rolls around, it reminds us that we need to take a moment and be thankful. I think it's more than just being thankful. It's also about gratitude & kindness not just to people or things but to life in generally. Personally, I know that I easily get caught up in life that I have to force myself to stop and appreciate things as I go about my day; even things such as small as my favorite cup of coffee. While it doesn't happen everyday and maybe not every week there are moments where I find myself content with life and I know that I need to take a moment to recognize just how great this life is. Even when it sucks. Despite what's going on in the world and what may be happening in our lives, it's important to find something, even if its small to appreciate and be thankful for. Not just on Thanksgiving or during the holiday season but everyday.
Around The Web
The internet is full of awesome, beautiful, and strange things; wouldn't you agree? I'm pulling my favs and sharing them with you. I've rounded up my top links from stories, recipes, style, animal cuteness...basically anything and everything. Some old, some new, some you may have already seen but nonetheless something to take your mind off that daily grind. So grab your cup of coffee or cocktail (it's never to early) and click away. Cheers.
:: Shopping & Style ::
- My favorite ankle boot brand, Modern Vice started their Black Friday sale early...score 50% boots. Enter code 'HOLIDAY' at checkout.
- Blanket scarfs were everywhere last year that it was hard to even find one. This season though, Old Navy has got you covered & you can't beat those prices.
- I've always been a fan of small crossbody bags. They are perfect for nights out, being hands-free, and looking downtown chic. I've had my eye on this Rag and Bone beauty for awhile and now it's 40% off. #GetInMyCloset
:: Tactical & Preparedness ::
- Thanks to another reader of SMT (Thanks Mia), that also recommended this video about handgun grip. I'm loving all these recs...keep 'em coming.
- If you're in the DC/MD/VA area, the Nation's Gun Show is this weekend at the Dulles Expo Center. I went back in October & found it really helpful.
:: Mind, Body, & Soul ::
- Couldn't we all use help in the confidence area? Check out these tips to get going in the right direction.
- Try some or maybe all of these small tweaks to start improving your life. Wasn't I just talking about no. 5?! I have my doubts about no. 1. #Snooze
:: This & That ::
- So you're hosting Thanksgiving...why not be the hostess with mostest.
- Any fellow crazy cat ladys out there? If so, you might want to pick up a cucumber next time you're at the store. This is freakin' hilarious. I won't admit how many times I watched it.
:: In Case You Missed It On SMT ::
- How to incorporate a floral print into your wardrobe.
- Take a look into my range routine.
- Add a little edge to your look with some studs.
Find something on the line you think would be great for me to share, let me know by emailing me directly at email@example.com or tagging me on Instagram or Twitter. Speaking of IG & Twitter, are you following me?
Have an awesome weekend! And remember you can always find me on social media (links below).