Well folks here we are exactly one week away from Christmas and two weeks away from 2016. It's absolutely crazy how fast time seems to pass. There have been some really fun and special moments along with some really sad ones in 2015. But with each sunrise comes a new day and a chance to begin again and start fresh, right?! We keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on trekking and enjoying this wonderful thing called life.
One of the highlights of 2015 was deciding to launch Style Me Tactical. I'm really happy and proud of my little space here on the Interweb. I truly love it and I hope you do to. I plan to take a short break from posting here for the next two weeks. But don't worry I'll be back in 2016 and I've got a lot planned. It's been about 6 months since SMT was born and I would love to hear from you. What do you like, not like? What do you want to see more or less of? (let me know in the comments section below). Part of the reason I started SMT was because I wanted to reach other fashion loving females that also had a interest in self-reliance or maybe have never thought about it and could benefit. So I write/post for myself but mostly for you, my readers. So it's important to me that I'm giving you place you want to continue to come back to.
I know that there are tons of sites & blogs you can choose to go to and I sincerely thank you for making SMT one of your stops along the way. I'm hope you have a wonderful holiday season spent with family, friends, or however makes you smile. Be safe and have fun as we bid adieu to 2015 and say hello to a new year of possibilities. So what are you waiting for, time to pop some bottles and get this party started!
Around The Web
The internet is full of awesome, beautiful, and strange things; wouldn't you agree? I'm pulling my favs and sharing them with you. I've rounded up my top links from stories, recipes, style, animal cuteness...basically anything and everything. Some old, some new, some you may have already seen but nonetheless something to take your mind off that daily grind. So grab your cup of coffee or cocktail (it's never to early) and click away. Cheers.
**Before we you get into this weeks links, I wanted to give you two updates regarding two links I posted in my previous On The Line post. So I started the whole copper water thing...the verdict is still out. It's definitely different tasting compared to my normal lemon water. It tastes like metal but it doesn't taste bad just different. I haven't been doing it long enough to notice any difference. However, I think it's one of those things where you may not notice the benefits while you're drinking the water but once you've stopped you will. The second thing was this breathing technique to help fall asleep. I've been doing it almost every night and I think it's working. While, I'm not falling fast asleep in under a minute, I am falling asleep quicker and I'm not struggling to "get comfortable". I also think I'm sleeping more sound. I think it's working for the husband as well because after trying it one night, he asked me how to do it again.
:: Shopping & Style ::
- The 2nd round of designer sale cuts have been made. While sizes are starting to get limited, you still might find that coveted piece for 60% off. Hello shoes.
- I don't know if you've noticed but Banana Republic has really up'd their game. Use code 'BRNICK' to save 40% off.
:: Tactical & Preparedness ::
- I'm feeling excited and anxious about attending SHOT Show next month. I'm loving these tips on how to tackle the madness.
- Are you ready for that winter storm?
:: Mind, Body, & Soul ::
- I like eggs, I like waffles so this mix up looks pretty delicious,
- For all my heel loving gals, this yoga pose has many benefits but after a day/night out in heels, your legs will thank you.
:: This & That ::
- That time Princless Leia had a baby wookie and wore Louis Vuitton
- And because I can't get enough Star Wars, this acapella version of the theme & following commentary is good.
- Star Wars...just kidding. That's enough about it. Have you seen it yet? I know it's been less than 24 hours since it's release.
:: In Case You Missed It On SMT ::
- This months outfits were all about the holidays.
- So I decided to purchase a gun, now where is the best place to buy it?
- Still looking for gifts. Have you checked out my 10 tactical gifts to add to your shopping?
- Save time on hair this holiday season, with dry shampoo.
Find something on the line you think would be great for me to share, let me know by emailing me directly at email@example.com or tagging me on Instagram or Twitter. Speaking of IG & Twitter, are you following me?