Some Friday's are sweeter than others aren't they?
Hello Friday! Let Me Hug You. Skipping this weeks usual On The Line words of wisdom for a sentiment that speaks to exactly how I feel about today. It's been one hell of a week. Not to bore with the mundane details of my life but I had some pretty big meetings at work this week. Every day except today and they lasted all day long. They had been booked for awhile and they were draining to say the least. I'm so freakin' glad they are over. I'm doing the happiness all freaking day long.
Those meetings required super early mornings which made for long days. Then on Wednesday, the husband and I went to see one of our favorite local pop-punk bands Good Charlotte. It had been almost 7 years since they played a show at home so they played longer than normal, which led to getting home super late. But it was all so so worth it. The show was so good. I've been following them since they were teens and now they are Dads and Husbands...kinda of crazy. Speaking of Dads and Husbands, you may not know who Good Charlotte the band is but I'm pretty sure you've heard of the brothers who front the band. Joel is married to Nicole Richie and Benji is married to Cameron Diaz. Not too shabby for some punk rockers from Maryland.
And to close out this week, two more concerts. We are seeing the The Used tonight and tomorrow night. They are playing two nights with two different set lists. Can't wait to let off some steam and sing my head off.
What are you up to this weekend?
Around The Web
The internet is full of awesome, beautiful, and strange things; wouldn't you agree? I'm pulling my favs and sharing them with you. I've rounded up my top links from stories, recipes, style, animal cuteness...basically anything and everything. Some old, some new, some you may have already seen but nonetheless something to take your mind off that daily grind. So grab your cup of coffee or cocktail (it's never to early) and click away. Cheers.
:: Shopping, Style, & Beauty ::
- This is what bomber jacket dreams are made of.
- Are you committing any of these nail sins?
- The Rag and Bone distressed boyfriend jeans I can't stop wearing.
:: Tactical & Preparedness ::
- Calling all ladies in Cali? Looking to learn to shoot or improve your skills then you need to check out Mira Official.
- Chapstick isn't just more moistening dry lips.
- Why your bug out bag needs a microfiber towel.
:: Mind, Body, & Soul ::
- Keep that working from mojo going with these 8 simple steps.
- Staying disciplined is no easy task & we could all use some help.
- A Gin to help fight wrinkles...sign me up.
:: This, That, & Laughs ::
- So sad about music legend Prince. Did you know he wrote 'Manic Monday' for The Bangles?
- We've all been there...one bad haircut & your day is ruined. Even if you are an alpaca.
- Gwyneth Paltrow & James Corden take dance class to another level.
:: In Case You Missed It on SMT ::
- The books I read during my trip to Cancun.
- Black and white stripes for the win.
- Do you have a every day carry knife? If not, these tips will help you pick one.
Find something on the line you think would be great for me to share, let me know by emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or tagging me on Instagram or Twitter. Speaking of IG & Twitter, are you following me?