Happy Friday friends! How's it going this week? We are a week into May and all I've seen are April showers. Where are the May flowers?
What do you think of today's On The Line words of wisdom?
Love people, use things because the opposite never works. This one comes straight from the The Minimalists. It's seems so simple right?! Yet we tend to love the shiny new objects we acquire & put more stock in those things rather than the people around us. It's not intentional it's just a product of the environment we live in and I'm definitely guilty of it. So I think it's a great little reminder to ourselves. I've been listening to The Minimalists podcasts, reading their books and on Wednesday I attended a screening of their documentary; Minimalism - A Documentary About The Important Things. The documentary was good & put together really well. Afterwards, they recorded a Q&A session with the audience for their podcast and then had a meet & greet. It was really a great night. They're super down to earth guys and I loved chatting with them about our shared love of coffee. I've really been embracing their minimalist philosophy about how getting rid of excess stuff can make room for a more meaningful life. Isn't that something we all want? I know I do. Their philosophy on minimalism is not about owning a certain number of things or being restrictive. It's quite the opposite actually; it's about freedom. It's about ensuring the things you do own or choose to bring into your life also add value to your life. It's about how you spend your time, your money, and your energy. I really love their message and while I don't agree with everything they say, I find lots of positive information that I can apply to my life. So, if any of that interests you I'd definitely give them a listen or read, I'm sure there is something you could take away from The Minimalists. If anything, it might provoke some thoughts or conversations with yourself and that's one of the missions of SMT. To get you thinking and having conversations with yourself.
Are any of you listening to their podcasts or reading their books? I would love to know and chat about it.
Around The Web
The internet is full of awesome, beautiful, and strange things; wouldn't you agree? I'm pulling my favs and sharing them with you. I've rounded up my top links from stories, recipes, style, animal cuteness...basically anything and everything. Some old, some new, some you may have already seen but nonetheless something to take your mind off that daily grind. So grab your cup of coffee or cocktail (it's never to early) and click away. Cheers.
:: Shopping, Style, & Beauty ::
- One of my favorite lipstick brands Bite Beauty is releasing a navy black lipstick on May 20. #Yasssss
- Digging this turquoise necklace for summer. How cute will it be with white?
- Also for all you Nordy card holders, The Mothership is currently having their triple points event until May 8.
:: Tactical & Preparedness ::
- Confused about the different types of ammo you can use, this post breaks it down.
- Hey DC residents, we might be getting a gun range & store in the next year.
:: Mind, Body, & Soul ::
- Have you tried this Inbox Zero concept? Sounds like a good way to help with digital clutter.
- In honor of Cinco de Mayo yesterday, why not take the festivities to your shower with this margarita body scrub.
- How about giving that liver a little detox? We all could use it every once in awhile.
:: This, That, & Laughs ::
- I'm mean George Clooney singing 'Hollaback Girl' is pretty B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
- The best way to clean all those disgusting germs off your phone.
:: In Case You Missed It on SMT ::
- Keeping things super casual in destructed denim & animal print slip-on sneakers.
- What's your first aid kit situation? Do you keep one stocked in your home?
- Did you catch my guest post on More Pieces of Me?
Find something on the line you think would be great for me to share, let me know by emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or tagging me on Instagram or Twitter. Speaking of IG & Twitter, are you following me?