Friends it's Friday! Who's doing the happy dance with me? My happy dance started to the beat of some old school Zebrahead this morning. Last weekend I was in Syracuse celebrating a friends birthday. It was a quick and fun trip but I'm glad to be spending this weekend home. The husband & I plan on doing a little eating, drinking, a lot of coffeeing (yeah totally just made that word up) and roaming the city. My favorite way to spend the weekend. What are you guys up to?
You can check out my weekend fun by following on Instagram (@stylemetactical) and Snapchat (stylemetactical).
What do you think of today's On The Line words of wisdom?
No one is in charge of your happiness except you. I'm sure you have heard from different people, books, and online that happiness is a state of mind & also somewhat of a choice we make. It seems easier than it sounds right?! I mean, who doesn't want to be happy?! But is that choice really as easy as deciding whether or not to get an iced or hot almond milk latte? Okay let's be real, that choice can be hard sometimes (#TheStruggle). Seriously, though I believe it is. Sure, we all have our off days but in the end you can choose to sulk and wallow in unhappiness or just pull up your big girl panties & choose happiness. In the end, it's up to you. And whatever you need to do make that happiness shine than do it. You. Do. You.
Around The Web
The internet is full of awesome, beautiful, and strange things; wouldn't you agree? I'm pulling my favs and sharing them with you. I've rounded up my top loved links from stories, recipes, style, animal cuteness...basically anything and everything. Some old, some new, some you may have already seen but nonetheless something to take your mind off that daily grind. So grab your cup of coffee or cocktail (it's never to early) and click away. Cheers.
:: Shopping, Style, & Beauty ::
- The Kate Moss x Equipment line just dropped at Shopbop & it's so good.
- I have oily skin which gets worse with the summer heat & humidity. This means my makeup starts looking blah after a few hours. I've been using this mattifying spray for the past week & it's the best one I've ever used. My makeup has stayed fresh & matte all day long. #Yasssss
- J. Crew is having 40% off their summer styles (use code 'SUMMER'). I just bought these lace up sandals. So cute right?!
:: Tactical & Preparedness ::
- Check out these six fun facts about a rifle versus a pistol.
- Just because the SHTF doesn't mean you throw birth control out the window. There are non-expiry options to prevent mistakes.
:: Mind, Body, & Soul ::
- Have sensitive skin? Try this at home DIY calming face mask.
- Improve the air quality in your home by stocking these house plants.
:: This, That, & Laughs ::
- Check out this fun spoof of when Anna Wintour switched roles with Amy Schumer, it's pretty funny.
- Because you don't have enough cats in your life? Sign up for this newsletter to get all your weekly dose of some crazy cuteness.
- Five ways to get through airport security faster. #YesPlease
:: In Case You Missed It on SMT ::
- Don't forget about Fido. It's National Pet Preparedness month.
- Walk up every morning to this invigorating morning detox water.
- Do you have a statement bag in your closet?
Find something on the line you think would be great for me to share, let me know by emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or tagging me onInstagram or Twitter. Speaking of IG & Twitter, are you following me?