Happy Friday friends! That FriYay feeling is coming in strong for me today. How about you? Did you have a great week?
What do you think of today's On The Line words of wisdom?
Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life. I'm sure you've probably seen some version of this around the interwebs. However, I think it is such a great little life reminder. It's so easy for us to get caught up in the grind of our jobs whatever they might be. Whether your putting in extra time for that promotion, working through lunch or longer hours due to a deadline these things take away from your life. This isn't just for folks that work 9-5 jobs. It's applicable to anyone that is getting sh*t done in their life. I'm totally guilty of those daily routines that come and go with a blink of eye and next thing you know, it's a week later and your doing it all again. Being busy isn't really more than just life fluff. We all have sh*t to do so it's about making things a priority, your life a priority. No matter how busy you are, take some time this weekend to enjoy the life you are working so hard for. Do something for you or with your friends/family. They don't need to weekend long activities. It can be something as simple as taking a walk. And so I'm going to end a quote with another quote...in the words of The Sausage King of Chicago, Abe Froman aka Ferris Bueller (#BestMovie), "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in awhile, you could miss it."
Around The Web
The internet is full of awesome, beautiful, and strange things; wouldn't you agree? I'm pulling my favs and sharing them with you. I've rounded up my top loved links from stories, recipes, style, animal cuteness...basically anything and everything. Some old, some new, some you may have already seen but nonetheless something to take your mind off that daily grind. So grab your cup of coffee or cocktail (it's never to early) and click away. Cheers.
:: Shopping, Style, & Beauty ::
- I'll save you from more #NSale talk because more posts coming on that. These sandals from J. Crew are so cute & currently $75 (with code 'SALETIME'). I bought my normal size 8.5 but you could go down a half-size. I like my sandals to bit a bigger on my foot so my toes don't hang off the front. The 8.5 allowed for that.
- Christian Louboutin released his lip lacquer & of course, the packaging is gorgeous.
- Is that designer bag real or fake? Check out these tips on how to spot a fake.
:: Tactical & Preparedness ::
- Great to see Refinery 29 showcasing three women who conceal carry & why.
- Do you know how much food to store in the event of an emergency?
:: Mind, Body, & Soul ::
- Love these tips on how to keep that belly flat before heading out to the pool.
- Want to be a great leader? Apparently this one thing will start you off in the right direction.
- Still fighting with acne? Try these natural remedies.
:: This, That, & Laughs ::
- In case you are just as clueless as me as to what all this Pokemon Go sh*t is.
- I'm not really a fan of Ariana Grande but this Snapchat filter duet with Jimmy Fallon is pretty funny especially when they face swap.
:: In Case You Missed It on SMT ::
- Oops I did it again...I'm in another muscle tee.
- This months #CoffeeDate talked about teeth whitening, blisters, and where I buy my beauty products from.
- Staying cool in the DC summer heat & humidity the white eyelet shorts.
Find something on the line you think would be great for me to share, let me know by emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or tagging me on Instagram or Twitter. Speaking of IG & Twitter, are you following me?