When it comes to makeup and beauty tools, I'm a sucker for it all. I walk into Sephora for one thing and come out with ten more items - even when I shop online. Like with most things in life having the right tools makes everything easier. These five items aren't just my current favs among a majority of tools, they are my all time favorites. I wonder I got along without before they came into my life.
- Body Brush: I've been dry brushing my body for the past year and boy do I love it. There are so so many benefits to dry brushing. It stimulates your lymphatic system (which is why I started), it's exfoliates your skin, and increases circulation just to name a few. When selecting a dry brush you want one that is an all natural firm bristle brush.
- Chanel Eyelash Curler: I've used a lot of eyelash curlers in my day and this one by Chanel by far is my favorite. It doesn't pinch or catch my eye in any painful and give me a nice natural curve.
- Konjac Cleansing Sponge: Years ago I used to use a Clarisonic but soon realized it was too abrasive on my skin (even with their sensitive brush heads). Since then my alternative are these konjac sponges. They drive hard and you have to soften them up with water. On days when I wear makeup (which is almost every day), I double cleanse at night. Meaning I first wash off all my makeup with a makeup remover then I use a different cleanser along with the konjac sponge to wash my face again. It's very gently so I can use it everyday for very light exfoliation but also helps to get rid of any residual makeup and grime. I especially love it in the summer with all the extra sweat and oil.
- Make Up Brush Cleaning Mat: This cleaning mat is a lifesaver when cleaning your makeup brushes. It makes the process go by faster and really gets them clean. I love that it has a separate areas with different types of ridges to help clean your brushes. I can't tell you how many manicures have been saved by not using my hands to clean my makeup brushes.
- Ice Roller: You might be thinking, "WTF is that?" Well, every time I snap about this, I always get questions. This tool was created for people to use post facial surgeries to help reduce swelling. You store it in the freezer and then roll it all over you face. While I'm making my morning lemon water, I also roll my face. It helps to reduce puffiness, it's tightens, and it also stimulates your lymphatic system. Plus, it feels soooooo good.
I would love to know what your favorite beauty tools? Anything I need to try? Also, if you use any of these products or version of these products that you love let me know. I'm always up for trying new beauty tools and products.