Happy Friday & Happy August! This year is moving right along and so will this month. I've got stuff going on almost every weekend and it will be September before I even know it.
On a side note, I guess Instagram sort of "broke the internet" with their version of Snapchat sans filters when they released their Instagram Stories. You'll need to download the latest update to the app in order to see it. But basically, you can now record Snapchat like video that will appear separate from your feed and will only be available for viewing for 24 hours. If you follow me on Snapchat then you know that while I snapped I didn't snap that often. I would share snippets of my weekends here and there and also try to provide information on random things in my life. It was and still is a platform I'm trying to figure out as far as content goes. The main reason I don't use it that often is because it KILLS my battery, data, and honestly I would forget sometimes because I have to open another app. I think that's why InstaStories (is that what it's called?!) might be my new Snapchat. I'm not going to lie the convenience of it being all in one app is really nice. So I'm going to try to post more to my InstaStory & see how that works. You'll get a peek into my life which is dominated by me getting coffee :) However, if I notice it eating my data and battery life well I'm gonna have to restrict it to places I get wifi...haha. Is there anything you want to see on my InstaStories? I would love to know. Also, have you seen/used the InstaStories - what are you thoughts on it? Okay back on track to today's post...
What do you think of today's On The Line words of wisdom?
Wherever You Are Be All There. While I feel this week I slacked a lot when it comes to my to-do list & SMT in terms of posting, planning, 'gramming, and all that jazz, I had a lot of other stuff going on. Each day this week I had personal commitments that took a decent chunk of my time. I'm not complaining about it because I chose to make those commitments but by doing so other things had to get put on the back burner. There are truly not enough hours in a day sometimes. I often find that when my days are packed, I'm often thinking about the next thing or the thing I'm not doing as I'm currently doing whatever it is I'm committed too...does that make sense?! I knew that I was "slacking" on the some stuff this week but I really was okay with it. I easily could've planned ahead and gotten some shit done to prepare but I chose not too. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that whatever it is you are doing, be present, be mindful, be there, and be committed to that time.
Around The Web
The internet is full of awesome, beautiful, and strange things; wouldn't you agree? I'm pulling my favs and sharing them with you. I've rounded up my top loved links from stories, recipes, style, animal cuteness...basically anything and everything. Some old, some new, some you may have already seen but nonetheless something to take your mind off that daily grind. So grab your cup of coffee or cocktail (it's never to early) and click away. Cheers.
:: Shopping, Style, & Beauty ::
- Just THREE days left to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Still not sure what to do get or have questions on sizing, check out my recaps & picks.
- Been using this Pureology Color Fanatic hair protecting spray for the past week and so far I'm in love.
:: Tactical & Preparedness ::
- Looking for survival books? Check out the 25 most popular survival books. I need to add some of these to my reading list.
- Wondering if it's time to ditch Apple...I think it's ridiculous they are replacing the gun emoji with a water gun emoji.
:: Mind, Body, & Soul ::
- Don't we all just go to Yoga for Savanasa? Besides it being my favorite part, it's actually an important part of Yoga.
- I love my store bought dry shampoo. However, I'm all about minimal ingredients in things so I'm gonna have to try this at home 3 ingredient DIY dry shampoo.
- Interested in trying meditation? Join me in the 10 day meditation challenge. I start tomorrow.
:: This, That, & Laughs ::
- Been following Matt Crump on IG for awhile now and his photos are just so pretty and fun pop of color to add to your feed.
- Here's a great little comparison on Snapchat vs. Instagram Stories and that will be the last I talk about it :)
:: In Case You Missed It on SMT ::
- Distressed boyfriends shorts are good for day and night.
- Why have one favorite beauty tool when you can have 5?
- In Case of Emergency, who are they going to call?
Find something on the line you think would be great for me to share, let me know by emailing me directly at email@example.com or tagging me on Instagram or Twitter. Speaking of IG & Twitter, are you following me?