Happy Friday friends! How has your week been? It's been wet, rainy, & somewhat cold here in DC. However, I'm headed down to Florida for a long weekend so definitely no complaints here. What are you up to? I hope you have something planned that makes you happy.
What do you think of today's On The Line words of wisdom?
People spend so much time looking for more, they forget to look at what they already have. For me, it's all about gratitude. In a world of constant consumption we often forget that we have so much inside of us and around us to be thankful for. We all hunger for more...bigger house, nicer car, the latest phone, a limited edition item, more money, etc. The list goes on. Have you ever just once shown gratitude to yourself and the universe for that fact that you even have a phone or a roof over your head? Gratitude doesn't have to come in the form of big gestures they can be simple things like taking a moment when you wake up to appreciate the warm bed that you slept in. Instead of complaining about people in your life, find something about them that is positive and be grateful for that aspect of them. Gratitude can be found in everything all you need to do is pause and appreciate that moment where ever you may be.
Around The Web
The internet is full of awesome, beautiful, and strange things; wouldn't you agree? I'm pulling my favs and sharing them with you. I've rounded up my top links from stories, recipes, style, animal cuteness...basically anything and everything. Some old, some new, some you may have already seen but nonetheless something to take your mind off that daily grind. So grab your cup of coffee or cocktail (it's never to early) and click away. Cheers.
:: Shopping, Style, & Beauty ::
- All you Kate Spade fanantics get ready for Frances Valentine...created by Kate Spade, I mean Kate Valentine.
- Obsessed with Bite Beauty's new #TheAmuseBouche collection of lipsticks. Just picked up Black Truffle & Pickled Ginger.
- Any metallic jewelry tattoo lovers out there besides me? How about emoji lovers? Well now you can the best of both worlds with these emoji flash tattoos.
- This save version of the coveted Aquazurra Wild Thing Sandals are so good that no one will notice you didn't spent $800.
:: Tactical & Preparedness ::
- Congrats to my IG friend Mia who just launched her Gunterest, her new blog about firearms for the civilian shooter. If you're new to shooting, like me, there is definitely some great info & tips there.
- Are you prepping out of fear or to be prepared? There is a difference.
:: Mind, Body, & Soul ::
- I've been listening to The Minimalists podcast and I absolutely love their perspective on life and the ways we can add value to it. It's not just about getting rid of stuff.
- Meditation doesn't have to be limited to sitting on the ground in silence. Try a meditation walk.
- I love bread, I love cheese, I like broccoli so why not put it all together in a broccoli melt?! #yum
:: This, That, & Laughs ::
- Oh if only George Constanza were here to see this, he could've added some of these places to his app.
- Next time you're bored, drunk, angry, or just well bored take this ink blot test.
:: In Case You Missed It on SMT ::
- Don't let winter ruin your skin, check out my favorite moisturizes to combat dry skin.
- Did you miss our last coffee date?
- Power outages can strike at any time. Are you prepared?
- Because leather weather is my favorite time of year.
Find something on the line you think would be great for me to share, let me know by emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or tagging/messaging me on Instagram or Twitter. Speaking of IG & Twitter, are you following me?